ICANN70 Virtual Meeting Agenda
Virtual Meeting 22 March 2021 - 25 March 2021
Management of the GAC ICANN70 Virtual Meeting: (GAC Members login recommended)
On 14 January 2021, the ICANN Board began the transition of the ICANN70 Public Meeting - which was originally scheduled to be held in Cancun, Mexico - to a virtual format. The GAC meeting schedule for the ICANN70 Annual General Meeting has been developed to leverage that format. The GAC meeting will feature sixteen (16) individual real-time plenary topic sessions and six (6) Communique drafting sessions over a period of four calendar days from 22 March to 25 March 2021. GAC members will also have the opportunity to participate in two (2) cross-community plenary sessions during ICANN70.
Resource Briefing Documents:
GAC Support staff is compiling preparation materials to help you fully utilize the remote connection services and resources that are being provided by ICANN for the ICANN70 virtual meeting. That documentation is being pulled together in the form of a “one-stop” reference manual that consolidates various notices and reminders about meeting planning and logistics. A web link to the document will be posted on this page after an email notice is made to GAC Members and Observers.
- GAC ICANN70 Virtual Meeting Details (log-in required)
GAC Support staff has also prepared a number of pre-meeting session topic briefings that are referenced in the Briefings section below.
First Time Meeting Participant Webinar:
For ICANN 70 the GAC Support staff will host an informal “First-time GAC Public Meeting Participant” briefing call on Thursday, 17 March at 1300UTC to share background information on the GAC and an operational perspective on the public meeting experience with new GAC participants, Open to all GAC participants, the call (which will be recorded for time-shift listening) will be tailored for participants who are new to the GAC or who want a refresher on some of the GAC operational practices and informational tools. If you are interested in joining this call please reach out to GAC Support staff for call connection details.
GAC Meeting Schedule:
GAC Support staff has created links to each GAC plenary session farther down this page to enable you to access session connection information and supporting documentation.
- The complete GAC ICANN70 meeting schedule is available at:
- A copy of the GAC ICANN70 block schedule can be found at:
- The overall ICANN70 block schedule is available at:
- The complete schedule of ICANN70 Meeting “Prep Week” Webinars is available at:
- ICANN70 Zoom Real Time Transcription (RTT):
Based on previous virtual meeting experiences, GAC Members will receive Zoom link and RTT information via email in direct session calendar invite updates.
More Schedule Information:
All GAC plenary session entries below reflect the time of the session in the “UTC” time zone.
It has become standard GAC practice to provide calendar invitations to all GAC participants for all GAC sessions, community plenary (cross community) sessions and notable community working group sessions (e.g., SubPro, etc.). This will be done again for the ICANN70 Virtual Community Forum. These invitations are typically transmitted to GAC participants in advance of each public meeting. For ICANN70, invitations will be sent during the calendar week preceding the core meeting week - the week of 8th March.
For additional GAC participant convenience, web conference links for all GAC sessions, community plenary (cross community) sessions and notable community working group sessions (e.g., SubPro, etc.) will be provided for each session as they become available. Based on previous virtual community meeting experiences, many Zoom links will not be shared until shortly before (24-hours) each session begins. GAC participants will receive this information via calendar invite updates. Every GAC Zoom room session will have a different distinct web link.
VIRTUAL PARTICIPATION HOW-TO GUIDE
Where appropriate, each GAC session link below is accompanied by links to a preparatory session briefing and other materials that are associated with the session. After the ICANN70 meeting concludes, links to meeting session recordings will also be added to each session page link.
Briefings [GAC Members login required]:
In preparation for the ICANN70 Virtual Community Forum, GAC Support Staff has prepared a number of topical briefings for GAC members that provide (1) basic background information about each session topic, (2) updates on recent developments regarding the topic, (3) previews of the proposed session agendas and (4) links to other resources of information about the session subject matter.
- Applicable individual Briefings for each of the scheduled GAC plenary sessions may be accessed via links provided on this page in the “Materials” section of each session link.
- All Briefings for each of the scheduled sessions may also be downloaded from this page. Briefing will be circulated to the GAC Membership during the ICANN70 Prep Week which begins on 8 March:
- All Briefings together as a ZIP file - first version: https://gac.icann.org/briefing-materials/public/icann70-gac-briefings-v1.zip
- ZIP file - second version: https://gac.icann.org/briefing-materials/public/icann70-gac-briefings-v2.zip
- Individual briefings as a single PDF file - first version: https://gac.icann.org/briefing-materials/public/icann70-gac-briefings-v1.pdf
- Single PDF file - second version: https://gac.icann.org/briefing-materials/public/icann70-gac-briefings-v2.pdf
GAC Support staff will provide updates as additional preparation materials are added to this page.
Please contact GAC Support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about any of these virtual meeting arrangements.