GAC Public Safety Working Group (PSWG)
The GAC's Public Safety Working Group (PSWG) focuses on aspects of ICANN’s policies and procedures that implicate the safety of the public.
The current strategic objectives of the PSWG, as detailed in its 2018-2019 work plan and 2020-2021 work plan are as follows:
- Develop DNS Abuse and Cybercrime mitigation capabilities of the ICANN and Law Enforcement communities
- Preserve and improve domain registration directory services effectiveness
- Build effective and resilient PSWG operations
- Develop participation and in PSWG work and ensure stakeholder input
The PSWG was established in February 2015 at ICANN52 in Singapore (see section V.10. of GAC Communiqué) and its Terms of Reference were adopted in June 2015 at ICANN53 in Buenos Aires.
The PSWG is currently chaired by three co-chairs:
- Cathrin Bauer-Bulst, European Commission
- Laureen Kapin, United States Federal Trade Commission
- Chris Lewis-Evans, United Kingdom, National Crime Agency
For more Working Group Documentation: see Ongoing Work or Documenation sections below.
The Working Group is following its work plan which is currently being updated for the 2023-2024 period.
Date: 16 Mar 2020
|16 Mar 2020||1584391200000|
Date: 14 Mar 2018
|14 Mar 2018||1521028800000|