GAC Public Safety Working Group (PSWG)
The GAC's Public Safety Working Group (PSWG) focuses on aspects of ICANN’s policies and procedures that implicate the safety of the public.
The current strategic objectives of the PSWG, as detailed in its 2023-2024 Work Plan are as follows:
- Develop and Support DNS Abuse and DNS related unlawful activity mitigation methods and capabilities
- Promote lawful access to and accuracy of domain name registration data
- Effective PSWG operations and stakeholder relations
The PSWG is currently chaired by three co-chairs:
- Cathrin Bauer-Bulst, European Commission
- Laureen Kapin, United States Federal Trade Commission
- Chris Lewis-Evans, United Kingdom, National Crime Agency
The Working Group is following its work plan which is currently being updated for the 2023-2024 period.